1 of 1 people found this helpful
Remove the present client task.
Go into your Software manger in epo and update your repository with latest package of MA 4.6 and update its extensions.
Creat client task again.
Push the task to your clients and see what happens?
That didnt work.
I removed all of MA 4.6. Re-downloaded and installed and registered.
Ran the deploy on a server and got the same error.
Then I uninstalled the MA and VS on my personal PC and tried a push and that didnt work. Then I ran FramePkg.exe on my PC to get the Agent and tried doing a wake up call of that Agent and got the Expired message. No matter what I do I can't get past Expired. Any ideas anyone?
Are you deploying via same deployment task which was created earlier ?
Ahhhh the system lied to me. It said it failed yet when I went to look at the System Tree my PC is now managed with all the PC's info and I was able to create a new task to load VS 8.8 on my PC and it looks like it works. So I'm thinking I will need to go to every PC with MA and uninstall and manually install and then I should be able to depoy the VS upgrades where necessary.
Thanks for the suggestions. Will add more info if/when it works or doesnt.
Of course that still doesnt answer why I cant get the system that doesnt have old software to work ....
Creat a MA removel task and push to machines in question and see if it removes agent?
use frminst/forceuninstall under the task creation wizard in command line section.Once it finishes try installing again.
This won't work - the agent will explicitly ignore this command. (If you think about it you're trying to run a task that is trying to remove the process that is running the task.)
Instead of using a task, what happens if you send an agent install to a machine using the Send Agent Install wizard?
(If you think about it you're trying to run a task that is trying to remove the process that is running the task.)
Well for some inexplicable reason my systems are mostly managed. First there was the one I was able to get done yesterday by manually deleteing and insalling MA 4.6 and then able to deploy VS 8.8 to. Then there was the machine I did today followng those same steps. Then miracoulously 2 more systems resolved themselves. Then I tried the wake up call to all the agents and almost all came back as managed and then I deployed to all but 2 machines.
The ONLY thing I can think of is the server that the db resided on was rebooted today. I did reboot the server the epo is on several times yesterday.
So my problem seems to be resolved. I've been able to update several machines to the latest VS using ePO tasks and I just have a few machines I'll need to wrestle with.
So thanks to you both for your suggestions. I was working my way through them when this all happened.
Just to correct this reply:
I realized later that the SQL Server used by the ePO is on the same machine as the ePO so that reboot couldn't have effected this. Also I realized the two machines that were the first to automatically change to managed had not been turned on the previous day when I had been working on the problem.
Anyways everything seems to be going OK and I'm down to one stubborn machine.