Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
3358 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2013 12:44 AM by Peacekeeper RSS 1 2 3 Previous Next
rayluke Newcomer 11 posts since
Apr 29, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 29, 2013 10:04 PM

No Network Detected

I have been using MacAfee for many years mainly because I like the capability of the stealth option. I like to know what programs are leaching out to the internet and when.  This option should ship as stealth on.

As of January 13/2013 when my auto update decided it was time to update to ver 12 of MacAfee from ver 11.6 my stealth has never worked again.

I have 6 licenses 3 of which are not at this location.

The 3 not at this location seem to work fine they have server assigned IPs

my IPs on the other hand are static assigned and have been since the early 90's without a hitch.

If I stick a router on my system and let it server assign IP's to my computer things work fine as well.  So is it just the fact that I want to assign IP's ?

Does this mean that MacAfee is not going to support the use of any IP's other than the 192.168.x.x ?

I will be sorry to see MacAfee go if this is the case.  I have been a faithful user for many years My first copy scanned for 19 viruses.  I have always told people that if you can't install it then you have something wrong with your computer already .... and as many answers I have seen just reading this forum I see this has been the case.

Yes I have uninstalled and re installed I have spent way to many hours on this, if this was new software to me I would have dropped it long ago and said I would never install this ever.  But I do know otherwise.  MacAfee has protected me from many viruses even the sasar that put the hydro off for 3 days back in June of 2003.

Any Information about this would sure be appreciated.

• Peacekeeper Volunteer Moderator 21,354 posts since
    Nov 23, 2002
    1. Apr 30, 2013 4:21 AM (in response to rayluke)
    Re: No Network Detected

Have you allowed the Ips in the firewall My connections list?

Ok mine uses 192.168 fixed Ips I put in no worries but I assume you want to use non 192.168 iPs is this correct?

When you answer I will check with the techs we talk to if there is a way other than what I suggested.

Tony
    Volunteer Moderator
    Mcafee Total Protection 7.0 beta, Windows 8 64bit
    No Unrequested PMs please
    Do you have an idea for improving McAfee products? Please share it in the new Ideas community space!  NOTE: You must register an account first.

• marksalmoni McAfee Employee 36 posts since
    Sep 24, 2012
    2. Apr 30, 2013 6:29 AM (in response to rayluke)

rayluke - I am confused about the problem.  Are you syaing when you go into Home Networking you see an error?  Or is it Stealth that is not working?

Mark

• marksalmoni McAfee Employee 36 posts since
    Sep 24, 2012
    6. Apr 30, 2013 10:17 AM (in response to rayluke)

rayluke - I am really sorry about this but we are still havgin a hard time figuring out what problem youa re experiencing.  I am responsible for Home Network Defence - and I do not think you are having a problem with this.  I spoek to my Firewall counterpart and he is not sure what Stealth mode is.  Can you show us on the UI with some screen shots or some verbal instructions regarding what buttons or screens youa re seeing what you are trying to do?

Thanks

• Peacekeeper Volunteer Moderator 21,354 posts since
    Nov 23, 2002
    7. Apr 30, 2013 3:16 PM (in response to marksalmoni)

He is talking about the traffic controller

Clipboard1.jpg

Tony
    Volunteer Moderator
    Mcafee Total Protection 7.0 beta, Windows 8 64bit
    No Unrequested PMs please
    Do you have an idea for improving McAfee products? Please share it in the new Ideas community space!  NOTE: You must register an account first.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points