Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
2216 Views 22 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2013 5:37 AM by Ex_Brit RSS 1 2 3 Previous Next
gmdoran Newcomer 37 posts since
May 2, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 29, 2013 8:14 AM

Firewall blocking incomming

Hi,  I've been using a program called Strat-o-matic baseball for quite some time.  When using it wirelessly you need to have the port forwarding setup correctly for two people to be able to connect together and play.  For years it has worked flawlessly.  Yesterday however nobody could connect to me.  I noticed in the event logs that the IP address for the two people I tried to connect with it was blocked.  I have the program set up to allow full access but for some reason the firewall is blocking it.  Why would it all of a sudden flagg those IP's as "suspicious activity" and block them?  I'm assuming it will block anyone using that game from connecting.  I am going to delete the program from the list and try to let it re-establish itself.  It should ask me if I want to allow a "one time, full or block" when it sees the program try to access the firewall.  I'm not sure if it will or not though.  As I said I wouldn't even know it was being blocked if I had not looked into the logs and knew the IP address.

any reason why it started acting like this?  My firewall is also set to "let it decide" should I be setting it to "monitor"?

thanks for any help you can be.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points