Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
530 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 9:16 PM by xspader RSS
xspader Newcomer 17 posts since
Jul 24, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 28, 2013 6:26 PM

Block access to data if system has no DLP agent

Hi all

New to DLP and am trying to get a handle on the rules and how they can be applied. I'm trying to find out if there is a way we can block access to data on systems if the client does not have a HDLP agent on it? This is how we would like to force compliance with the company policy.

Anyone know if this is possible or is this covered somewhere else and I should RTFM a little more than I currently have?

• virgona Newcomer 27 posts since
    Apr 14, 2013
    1. Apr 29, 2013 1:15 AM (in response to xspader)
    Re: Block access to data if system has no DLP agent

For HDLP, a agent must be installed, all actions are implemented by DLP agent.

Maybe NDLP is what you need, all its actions are based on monitoring network traffic, but it cannot blocks access to data inside a pc.

• virgona Newcomer 27 posts since
    Apr 14, 2013
    3. May 7, 2013 3:14 AM (in response to xspader)
    Re: Block access to data if system has no DLP agent

In my company, there are two parts of agent installation, McAfee agent and DLP agent. We use sccm to deply McAfee agent which is exported from EPO console, it will be installed automatically if sccm client detects there is no McAfee agent installed. And we use EPO to deploy DLP agent, automatically too. But you can define your way, one time at once / on schedule...

Also you can install McAfee agent from EPO, and same as deploy DLP agent you can define your way too.

There is no share for agent installation, and you can get it from above, no step needs a share.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points