Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
538 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2013 10:51 AM by JoeBidgood RSS
rodliw Newcomer 2 posts since
Apr 26, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 26, 2013 3:28 AM

Problem to get update from another EPO server by HTTP protocol

I have 2 EPO server. One download update on internet and the other is on another network.

I would like to use My EPO server as referentiel.

i use HTTP protocol to get update from my EPO server. but it doesn't work. Port 80 is open.

I have this message error.

checking the catalog of site is failure, no public key repository matches the signature

• JoeBidgood McAfee SME 2,868 posts since
    Sep 11, 2009

Hi...

In order to use one ePO server as the source for another, you need to export the master repository public key from the first server and import it into the second. This is described in the Product Guide - I'm not sure which version of ePO you have but they are all on the download site.

However, please note: it is a very bad idea to point one ePO server at the master repository of another, as you run the risk of importing one server's agent package into the other, which can have disastrous consequences. We very strongly recommend instead that you create a distributed repository on the first ePO server, and configure it so that it only contains the content that you want - usually DATs, engines, HIPs updates and so on - and then use this DR as the source for the second ePO server.

HTH -

Joe

(Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)

• JoeBidgood McAfee SME 2,868 posts since
    Sep 11, 2009

This is for configuring an HTTP distributed repository - the ePO server replicates the files using UNC, and the client machines download using HTTP. So you need to configure a UNC share in the web server's folder structure, and provide credentials that have write access to it, in order to be able to copy the files to it. Please see the Product Guide section on configuring distributed repositories - it explains this well

HTH -

Joe

(Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points