3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2013 5:41 AM by asabban

Engine 5600

carsten424

When will the new engine be available fpr the MWG - the extranet already show it, but the engine upadte does not find it?

• 1. Re: Engine 5600
          asabban

Hi Carsten,

we have released the engine 5600 only for internal and beta testing. It is not yet officially available for customers yet. It is shown in the Extranet/Content Security Portal by mistake (seems that the display does not respect the "beta" flag... we are investigating).

You should be notified by Mail once a roll out is planned for MWG customers.

Best,

Andre

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Engine 5600
            carsten424

Hi Andre,

thanks for the clarification. I asked as we received the RTW email yesterday with a link to https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66741 , which says it is "The Anti-Malware Engine 5600 is now RTW and applies to all McAfee products that use the Anti-Malware Engine.".

Regards

Carsten

Nachricht geändert durch carsten424 on 25.04.13 04:37:59 CDT
            • 3. Re: Engine 5600
              asabban

Hmm... I know that for MWG this is not true. We cannot simply push the engine out to everybody without further tests. I believe this may be valid for Endpoint products. I am sorry for the confusion, I think the information you have obtained is not correct. From what I know (working in MWG development) the engine is currently tested in QA before a release is scheduled.

Best,

Andre

1 of 1 people found this helpful