2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2013 10:42 AM by Laszlo G

SuperAgent Hyerarchy

Laszlo G

I've just seen that McAfee Agent 4.8 is supposed to set a superagent hyerarchy. As per me it means that a superagent can replicate from another superagent instead from the ePO server but I haven't been able to set this because even if changing repository order or disabling repositories, the secondary superagent is still replicating from ePo instead of the primary superagent.

So maybe I'm wrong and a superagent can download software drom another superagent using the lazy caché but can only replicate from ePO?

• 1. Re: SuperAgent Hyerarchy
          JoeBidgood
          So maybe I'm wrong and a superagent can download software drom another superagent using the lazy caché but can only replicate from ePO?

This is correct - previously, a lazy cache superagent would pull the files it needed from the ePO server: now, it can pull them from another superagent, which can give great improvements in WAN bandwidth usage.

Replication on the other hand is still driven from the ePO server.

HTH -

Joe

• 2. Re: SuperAgent Hyerarchy
            Laszlo G

Thanks for your answer Joe, now it takes sense to me as this was what I understood at the beggining about the lazy caché.