Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
334 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 20, 2013 10:06 AM by petersimmons RSS
drseymo Newcomer 1 posts since
Apr 20, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 20, 2013 7:52 AM

Problems with NNMi 9.10

I have McAfee VirusScan Enterprise = AntiSpyware Enterprise 8.8. It is causing problems when is scans my NNMi server running version 9.10sp3. Everytime McAfee scans this server it stops all the services on the nnmi server and it stops running. We have found that excluding all sub-directories and files under /opt/OV/* and /var/opt/OV/* from the scanning processes allowed NNMi and McAfee to co-exist. I have heard that McAfee reccommend excluding all jar, war, rar and temp files from scanning as well. If not, NNMi will never start. As anybody else found this to be the answer?

• petersimmons McAfee Employee 230 posts since
    Dec 22, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 20, 2013 10:06 AM (in response to drseymo)
    Re: Problems with NNMi 9.10

Could you be a bit more specific for me on the following questions?

You say "McAfee scans this server." Does that mean with the On Access Scanner or the On Demand Scanner?

The exclusions you list seem to be Linux/Unix style directories? Yet VSE is a Windows product.

Is there an actual detection? Do you get some actual file quarantined? (If so we can go down the path of getting it reviewed for possible false)

Or is this just some type of "freeze"?

Generally speaking I wouldn't exclude all those file types. Doing so globally would be suicidal. Doing some of those for one server might be okay. But there are probably better ways of doing this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points