Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
473 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2013 3:23 PM by Brad McGarr RSS
alexstef0327 Newcomer 2 posts since
Apr 17, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 17, 2013 2:10 PM

McAfee Keeps Sending the Same E-mail

This has happened twice within less than 3 months. McAfee keeps delivering the same e-mail to a group of users every 1 or 2 minutes.

It happened once at the end of January and yesterday.

Both times, the message had 20 to 25 MB of zip file contains images sent from the same domain.

The action we took was blocking the particular sender on our mail server. That stopped the repeated mail flow.

I wonder if there are anybody having the same issue or knew what causes this.

Appreciate any comments!

• Brad McGarr McAfee Employee 155 posts since
    Dec 4, 2012
    1. Apr 17, 2013 5:05 PM (in response to alexstef0327)
    Re: McAfee Keeps Sending the Same E-mail

Greetings Alexstef0327,

I would recommend contacting the support team that works with your account for specific follow up. This is quite unusual behavior and something that would need additional research. I know from my experience, any time we have seen an issue like this upon further investigation we discovered that the sending server was sending us multiple copies of the same message, but support will need to review your specific details to determine what is going on.

Brad McGarr
    McAfee SaaS Email & Web Protection
    Technical Support Technician I (Legacy & Partner Support)
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft Technology Associate - Windows OS | CompTIA A+ Certified Technician | CIW Web Foundations Associate
    Visit my blog: Brad's Corner - Insights from SaaS Email & Web Security Support https://community.mcafee.com/blogs/brad-denver

Frequently Requested Information
  • Brad McGarr McAfee Employee 155 posts since
    Dec 4, 2012
    3. Apr 18, 2013 3:23 PM (in response to alexstef0327)
    Re: McAfee Keeps Sending the Same E-mail

You hit the nail on the head, Alex. Unique message ID's are a clear indication that the sending server is sending multiple copies, as each message ID is a unique message attempt. The logs you've requested will clarify that and provide supporting documentation.

Brad McGarr
    McAfee SaaS Email & Web Protection
    Technical Support Technician I (Legacy & Partner Support)
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft Technology Associate - Windows OS | CompTIA A+ Certified Technician | CIW Web Foundations Associate
    Visit my blog: Brad's Corner - Insights from SaaS Email & Web Security Support https://community.mcafee.com/blogs/brad-denver

Frequently Requested Information

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points