1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 6:17 AM by asabban

MWG LDAP query

satbir

Hello,

I have a requirement where immediate alerts should go to manager of an user if some event occurs. Using ldap query I can find out the name of the manager but this isn't good engough for the requirement. An email should automatically shoot to the user's manager. Can we find out email address of the manager using display name attribute in ldap query?

Regards,

Satbir

• 1. Re: MWG LDAP query
          asabban

Hello,

this is possible with external lists, I have just set it up in my lab.

Certainly you need some knowledge about your LDAP (I used AD). I did the following:

- I have my Username "andre" which is the windows logon account and stored in the sAMAccountName attribute in LDAP in the "Authentication.Username" property because I already did authentication.

- Now I create an extended list call to my LDAP Server which searches for all objects which have (sAMAccountName=Authentication.UserName) and return the LDAP object "manager". I store this in a user-defined property called "User-Defined.Manager".

Now I have the DN of my manager in the property "User-Defined.Manager".

- Now I do another call to LDAP to get my managers mali address. So this time I search for all objects which have (distinguishedName=User-Defined.Manager) and return the LDAP object "mail". I store this in a user-defined property called "User-Defined.ManagerMail".

Now I have the mail address of my manager in "User-Defined.ManagerMail".

- Now I add a rule which sends an eMail to "User-Defined.ManagerMail".

Thats it.

I will attach my rule set. Now that this rule set is for my test environment, it will not work for you. But hopefully you can use it to start your own rules.

Best,

Andre

Nachricht geändert durch asabban on 12.04.13 13:17:39 MESZ