2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2013 5:30 AM by cschroll

Unable to add MSME 8.0 Extensions to ePO 5.0

Hi,

Reffering to KB76736 McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange 8.0  can be deployed / managed in ePO 5.0.

When i try to add the MSME-Extension i get the following error (i tried to add them in the Software-Manager and manually in Menue -> Extensions -> Install Extensions)

Started: Check In Components 

Downloading the following component: 

McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange 8.0 (type EXTENSION) - filename=MSME____8000_1566.zip 

Downloading file C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\SoftwareManager\1164\8.0\MSME____8000_1566.zip. 

Successfully downloaded file C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\SoftwareManager\1164\8.0\MSME____8000_1566.zip. 

Checking in extension 'McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange 8.0'. 

Command Failed: Unable to move temp dir C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\extensions\tmp\orion.extensions64491 to dir:C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\extensions\installed\MSME____8000\8.0.7905.119. 

Failed to check in extension 'McAfee Security for Microsoft Exchange 8.0'. 

Completed: Check In Components (The component(s) failed to check in.) 

After the installation fails under "C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\extensions\installed\" the Folder "MSME____8000" is created, but empty...

Anyone experienced this yet?

Thanks,

Clemens