1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 4, 2013 12:49 PM by exbrit

quarantined and pup programs

christos

have mcafee security center 11.6 supplied by dell i cleared this folder about 6 months ago and since then no new items have appeared as quarantined andd pup programs, think i may have deleated the relavent folder as i cannot find it when i search in my computer how can i check that i have not deleted the relavent file folder any ideas gratefully accepted.

• 1. Re: quarantined and pup programs
          exbrit

Open any internal page such as Computer, Control Panel or Documents and go to Tools on the top Menu Bar, then go to Folder Options and click the View tab

Look for the 'Hidden Files and Folders' item, and check the item 'View Hidden Files and Folders' if not already checked and click Apply and OK

Go to C:\ProgramData\McAfee\VirusScan\Quarantine in Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 or

For XP the folder is found at:  C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\ApplicationData\McAfee\Virusscan

If your drive letter is another one than C: then alter the above accordingly.

Under normal circumstances those folders would be empty most of the time anyway.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/04/13 1:49:12 EDT PM