Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
4292 Views 19 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2013 10:25 AM by bostjanc RSS 1 2 Previous Next
Maverick63 Newcomer 21 posts since
Dec 15, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 4, 2013 5:20 AM

Unable to AD syncronize after upgrade to ePO 5.0

Hello

I'm getting this error when I'm trying to run a AD sync:

Synchronization point My Organization failed to connect to active directory server KL-DC03, user: null\null

It worked perfectly under ePO 4.6.4 :-)

/Maverick63

I tried to change the LDAP server to another server (KL-DC04) and run the task again but the error still points at KL-DC03 :-(

/Maverick63

Message was edited by: Maverick63 on 4/4/13 5:20:02 AM CDT
  • samd Apprentice 77 posts since
    May 16, 2010
    1. May 21, 2013 6:04 PM (in response to Maverick63)
    Re: Unable to AD syncronize after upgrade to ePO 5.0

I get the same thing after upgrading to 5.0 from 4.6.4.  Looks like I should have waited for the first service pack...anyone have ideas? I redid the credentials again and the test succeeded. What's funny is after typing in the domain name again and rerunning it manually it shows "server 2" in the message instead of my real domain name. I have also tried changing it to go directly to one of my DCs but that failed too.

• alexn Veteran 722 posts since
    Aug 9, 2012
    2. May 22, 2013 12:38 PM (in response to samd)

Both of you , may I know have you registered LDAP server or using default register server?

Have checked the register server Successful connection?

Post Timings: 6.00 AM to 3.00PM PDT
    May 16, 2010
    3. May 22, 2013 1:30 PM (in response to alexn)

Yes I've had a registered LDAP server, our Active Directory environment, since EPO 4.x. It migrated to 5.0 fine. When I do a test if tests correctly.

May 16, 2010
    4. May 22, 2013 5:06 PM (in response to samd)

Alexn,

Sending me a private message saying  "Give me your contact and I will have a remote session to fix it."   is highly suspicious.  Why not just tell me the answer if you'll fix it? I'm an admin and I'm sure it's much easier to post the solution so everyone can see it instead of sending me a message that makes it appear to me you're trying to gain access to our server. Can an admin check this guy out?

Aug 9, 2012
    5. May 22, 2013 5:16 PM (in response to samd)

okay Follow here.synch.jpg

Remove all previous settings on this page and fill this page like this.Click ADD button and  a window will appear showing your domain tree, uncheck and then again check that box.OK button at the bottom of this window will be visible click ok and run the synch task.

I was just saying that because it involves something to resolve better via RDP and I just wanted to help you out.. No worries if you are not comfortable with it.

Alexn

on 5/22/13 5:16:05 PM CDT

May 16, 2010
    6. May 23, 2013 11:07 AM (in response to alexn)

This makes the Acive Directory sync task work after I did these steps. Is this basically pointing out a problem with using a registered LDAP server with ePO 5.0?

Aug 9, 2012
    7. May 23, 2013 12:08 PM (in response to samd)

No no, you can also use LDAP with epo 5.0, just try  and follow exactely same steps.

May 16, 2010
    8. May 23, 2013 12:43 PM (in response to alexn)

Alex's steps worked for doing it the Active Directory way. I think there may be a problem with using a registered LDAP server in 5.0. I'm going to create mine again from scratch.  Alex's solution worked and I'd remove my post above but can't see a way how.

Aug 9, 2012
    9. May 23, 2013 12:58 PM (in response to alexn)

Okay I think Only Spyron can do so which is community admin.Well, if LDAP is not working.Try registering LDAP in this wayLDAP_Register.jpg

Save it. and on Synchronization page just Press radio button "USE ldap, select your LDAP.

Then at container pullup page  click ADD and see your domain tree, if it comes up then again uncheck and check the box to enable OK button. click OK and >SAVE and run it.

Now  i dont know what community people will think about me.I just wished to assist you.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points