4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2013 5:09 AM by sveerara

Windows 8 Apps Blocked

I have been using Security as a Service for years without issue.  After the recent SaaS Endpoint Protection 6.0 upgrade my Windows 8 laptop cannoy run any of the Metro Apps.  They load by stay on the flash screen.  These worked without issue before the upgarde, but now fail to load.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Windows 8 Apps Blocked

We have the same problem! Windows 8 users with for example McAfee SaaS version 5.4.0 patch 2 can use the WIndows 8 apps, but users who have upgraded to version 6 (including me) can't open the WIndows 8 apps!

is McAfee blocking the access to the IsolatedStorage or something? How to fix this??

regards,

Klaas Polinder

• 2. Re: Windows 8 Apps Blocked

temporary solution: downgrade to version 5.4.0: https://community.mcafee.com/message/282392

edit: not working on windows 8

Message was edited by: klaaspolinder on 4/5/13 1:18:17 AM CDT

edit2: i got it working! go to properties of vssetup.exe, go to Compatibility tab, check "run compatibility settings for windows 7" and voila

Message was edited by: klaaspolinder on 4/5/13 1:56:04 AM CDT
            • 3. Re: Windows 8 Apps Blocked

For mine I have McAfee for the life of the computer. I opened: McAfee Home / Web and Email Protection / Firewall / Internet Protection for Programs / scroll down to GamesAppService and turn off the block. Windows store started working again for me!

• 4. Re: Windows 8 Apps Blocked

Hi,

Please follow the below steps (Advance Installation) to fix the issue,

Step 1:

Please use the below link to uninstall the product.

http://vs.mcafeeasap.com/MC/vs60/data/mvsuninst.exe

Restart the computer.

Step 2:

Please have registry backup and make the below changes

Rename the "McAfee" key to"McAfee Old" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\

Create a new key underHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ and name it McAfee (go to permission window and give full permission to the current user)

Create a new key underHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and name it McAfee (goto permission window and give full permission to the current user)

Restart the computer

Step 3:

Please use the Silent installation method for installation.

1. Open the webpage www.mcafeesaas.comand login with your security center.

2. Click on utilities on the top

3. Under the installation tab, selectthe second option silent installation to download.

4. Save the vssetup.exe file to your c:drive.

5. Now click start --> type cmd.exeinto the search field.

6. Then Right-click on cmd.exe andclick “Run as administrator” to open the command prompt.

Type cd\ (enter)

6.Copy this command and paste

VSSETUP.EXE /CK=CompanyKey /P=VFB  

Where P is the parameter and V is thevirus scan, F the firewall and B the browser protection. If you want to exclude installation of any software you need to omit that parameter from the above command.

Just wait for 5 minutes McAfee will be automatically get installed in your computer, now check for the issue.

Regards,

Sathish.V