2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 9:08 AM by twenden

Upgrade from 2003 to 2008 R2 EPO server

Pmaquoi

Yesterday we followed the official KB to upgrade our 4.6.5 EPO server from a 2003 to a 2008 R2 server without success

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB75841&actp=LIST

We have controlled all our modifications, we've checked the log when possible and we are sure that we didn't missed any operation mentionned in the KB

After the last services restart, all our accounts including all admin were....GUEST account.

So we did a rollback and this night restarted the operation for the same result

Actually after a second rollback, everything is working fine but back on 2003 server. And i'm not sure i'll try again the upgrade with this method.

• 1. Re: Upgrade from 2003 to 2008 R2 EPO server
          PhilR

It might be easier to upgrade to ePO 5.0 on a new server and use the migration wizard to transfer settings.

If, of course, your old ePO server passes the migration health check.

That's what I'm contemplating doing to get from 32-bit to 64-bit.

Phil

• 2. Re: Upgrade from 2003 to 2008 R2 EPO server
            twenden

I tried the migration wizard and had it start to migrate settings but then "roll back" after it spent 15 minutes trying to start the "new McAfee services". Have an open case with McAfee who initially referred me to KB 71078 which explains a manual method for moving from 32 bit to 64 bit. That is what I am trying know before calling McAfee tech support back.