Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
578 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 6:21 PM by sportyko RSS
sportyko Newcomer 2 posts since
Apr 2, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 2, 2013 10:39 PM

Webgateway 7 reporting

Hi Expertise,

I currently have access to our McAfee web gateway 7 (hardware = model WBG-4500-B) and would like to run some reports on Internet traffic for certain users for specific time period.  I am new to this technology and not sure where to start.  All I can see at the moment in Dashboard are just generic / overall stats.

Can someone please advise how I go about in generating these kind of reports?

Many Thanks!

• sroering McAfee SME 459 posts since
    Feb 10, 2011
    1. Apr 3, 2013 8:05 AM (in response to sportyko)
    Re: Webgateway 7 reporting

Option 1: Drill-down to the users you want to see by navigating the links in the dashboard (quickvew) reports.

Option 2: Click the custom tab and you can add different filters.  If you want to use the same filters on multiple reports, you can save them, but for one-time-use, you can simply enter the username, site name, category, etc. in the appropriate filter box.

• andyclements Apprentice 131 posts since
    Jul 27, 2012
    2. Apr 3, 2013 10:55 AM (in response to sportyko)
    Re: Webgateway 7 reporting

You will need to use the Web Reporter or Content Security Reporter software.  They can be downloaded from the McAfee downloads page, using your grant number.

The Web Gateway logs get pushed to those, and they have the ability to generate the reports as Sean mentioned.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points