Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
381 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 9, 2013 2:11 AM by Attila Polinger RSS
kjhurni Apprentice 222 posts since
Aug 1, 2005
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 2, 2013 10:56 AM

MID - re-opening previous build to make new build?

Okay, first we do not use EPO to deploy VSE 8.8 for a variety of reasons.

Second, we use the MID to create two basic builds at this point, but I'd like to see if I can simply things a bit.

Let's say I use MID to create a custom build (again, NON-EPO deploy).  When it's done it creates my package/MSI/setupvse.exe stuff for me.  That's fine.

What I'd LIKE to do is be able to "read" that in and changes a few things and write to a SECOND build (ie: Maybe I change some of the AV Max security settings or something).

There doesn't seem to be a way to do this.

Or perhaps I'm missing something.

I VAGUELY remember that there was some magical way to do this (ie: you had to copy some directory to a temporary spot before the MID whacked it or something)???

• Attila Polinger Veteran 1,161 posts since
    Dec 8, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 9, 2013 2:12 AM (in response to kjhurni)
    Re: MID - re-opening previous build to make new build?

Hi,

I do not see an obstacle why you could not run MID to yield two distinct custom packages e.g. in the following way:

1. install base Virusscan on a client where MID is installed

2. create the first custom package with MID.

3. install the first custom package on another client where MID is also installed.

4. copy the first custom package from the first client to the second client and run MID to modify that and generate the second custom package.

Attila

Message was edited by: apoling on 09/04/13 09:12:22 CEST

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points