2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2013 8:53 AM by marc

Problem with EETech 7.0 and WinPE

marc

Hello,

with EETech form version 6.x i create a WinPe3 CD with WINBUILDER and a ISO file form the standalone cd. Then it was possible to start both with ISOLINUX  bootmanager form a usb-stick.

I try the same with EEtech 7.

and have the following problems:

- When i try to start the EETECH-Stanalone ISO form usbstick EETech "hang" when i click to the "Token" button or when i try to load a xml-File // If i burn the same ISO to a CD it works without problems....

- The same problem with WinPE3 CD created by winbuilder - wenn  click to the "Token" button or when i try to load a xml-File eetech hang's - the PECD shows this behavior when i start form usbstick and also wenn i burn the ISO to a CD. I try also to build the Winbuilder CD as "boot from Ram" and  "standart" - both with the same issue. Then i tryed to create a winpe4 cd with winbuilder - same error. When i create a Standart Microsoft WinPE3-CD (Mcafee description) works fine ......

As mentioned befor, the PE3-CD createn an the start with isolinux works fine with EETech 6.x.

Does anyone know this problem, or have a tip to solve?

Thanks for help

Marc

Nachricht geändert durch marc on 27.03.13 08:30:31 MEZ
        • 1. Re: Problem with EETech 7.0 and WinPE

Hey Marc,

I had the same problem and found that it had to do with a reg entry  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\pe3\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E967‑E325‑11CE‑BFC1‑080 02BE10318}] And the Muli-String value UpperFilters was set as follows UpperFilters = "PartMgr MfeEpePC". But found in the eetech documentation called to have this set like this UpperFilters = "MfeEpePC PartMgr". After I changed this setting it worked. Hope this helps.

William Bond

• 2. Re: Problem with EETech 7.0 and WinPE
            marc

Hi William,

great tip, that was the problem.

I've checked my entries many times and did not see the issue

Many Thanks for your help

Marc