Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
990 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 11:18 PM by karthiks RSS
13nickels Newcomer 4 posts since
Mar 26, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 26, 2013 3:06 PM

McAfee Firewall shuts down

I have been receiving a warning that my computer may be at risk. When I click on it, I am told that the firewall has been turned off. I can click on it to turn it on and then I receive a message that my security is OK and the firewall is on. This has been happening for the past two or three montrhs and have had McAfee techs try to resolve it. The Tier 2 techs have made some changes to my computer and run many different scans. They never turn up anything. I have had McAfee Internet Security reinstalled twice already but nothing seems to work. I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and use both IE7 and Firefox. I have been told that my computer is infected and that it would cost hundreds of dollars to have it cleaned out. Who do I trust?

• Nehal Jojo Jacob McAfeeSME 167 posts since
    Feb 4, 2013
    1. Mar 26, 2013 4:51 PM (in response to 13nickels)
    Re: McAfee Firewall shuts down

Hi 13nickels,

I have send you a private message asking for some detail's. Kindly provide me the requested information and i will take care of your issue.

Regards,
    Nehal Jojo Jacob
    Ret. McAfee Tier 2 Support
  • Nehal Jojo Jacob McAfeeSME 167 posts since
    Feb 4, 2013
    3. Mar 26, 2013 7:01 PM (in response to 13nickels)

Hi 13nickels,

As discussed through phone. Please let me know your best time and day that we can call you to fix the issue with McAfee firewall.

Regards,
    Nehal Jojo Jacob
    Ret. McAfee Tier 2 Support
  • karthiks Veteran 740 posts since
    Mar 30, 2011
    4. Mar 26, 2013 11:13 PM (in response to 13nickels)

13nickels,

Try the steps given in the thread HERE

Observe the McAfee and update the outcome

Regards,
    Karthik Shankar
    McAfee Community Moderator
    https://community.mcafee.com

Do you have an idea for improving McAfee products? Please share it with our product team in our new Ideas community space! NOTE: You must register an account first. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for choosing McAfee!

Mar 30, 2011
    6. Apr 1, 2013 9:32 PM (in response to 13nickels)

Did you follow the steps given in the thread that I have posted above

Regards,
    Karthik Shankar

Do you have an idea for improving McAfee products? Please share it with our product team in our new Ideas community space! NOTE: You must register an account first. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for choosing McAfee!

Mar 30, 2011
    8. Apr 2, 2013 11:18 PM (in response to 13nickels)

In the given link there are many McAfee firewall dll files, it’s good to reregister the files even though you are able to turn on the firewall. There are possibilities it can also prevent the firewall off errors after reregistering the files.

In the given link do not try the registry modification steps, try only the dll reregistering steps. 

Regards,
    Karthik Shankar

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points