Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1417 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 3:19 AM by PhilM RSS
PhilM Champion 528 posts since
Jan 7, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 25, 2013 7:16 AM

Quarantine Digest Configuration - Best Practice

When enabling the quarantine digest function, the system pops up a message warning "Take care that enabling digest messages for this preset will not result in emails being sent to users outside your organization."

As this appears to be one of the functions that can be controlled by using a protocol preset, my question is what is the best way of going about this to ensure that only internal users receive these digest messages?

Ideally, I would have gone for some kind of domain match (something like - recipient domain "is like" *@mydomain.com) but the doesn't appear to be possible.

So, what do you consider to be best practice for enabling quarantine digests and (as the warning message says) not send them to users outside the organization?

Thanks.

Phil.

• Attila Polinger Veteran 1,161 posts since
    Dec 8, 2009
    1. Apr 17, 2013 3:27 AM (in response to PhilM)
    Re: Quarantine Digest Configuration - Best Practice

Hi,

to me the warning message says what you are after: "Enabling the digest message will NOT result in emails being sent OUTSIDE your organisation" (i.e. to users not part of your email domain).

Or am I missing something?

2: Is it a feature to enable quarantining ONLY to users in your email domain?

Attila

• genemoore McAfee Employee 6 posts since
    Aug 16, 2011
    2. May 6, 2013 11:03 AM (in response to PhilM)
    Re: Quarantine Digest Configuration - Best Practice

I'm assuming you are talking about McAfee Email Gateway (MEG) version 7.x.

I'm pretty sure that by default any message in quarantine (regardless of the receiptient) will get a notification.  So you want to make sure you setup the notification to only get delivered to the internal server or domain.  From within the Quarantine Digest Options screen, check your Protocol preset.  You probably want to make sure Destination IP address is in range (for whatever your internal network is).

You should double check with support, but I think that works.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points