1 2 3 4 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2013 3:43 PM by Peacekeeper

Annoying Popups

is there a way to suppress the McAfee advertisment popus? Since a few day, every day a pop up occurs to "clean up my PC". And I can only close it by selecting "close" from a drop down menu and press "OK". A chat with the technical hotline could not help - they say there is no way to suppress it.

For me it is an absolutly "no go" to buy a software and be treated with advertisment every day.

Can any one help me?

Thanks

Nicolas

• 1. Re: Annoying Popups
          Peter M

Although they bear the McAfee emblem the software advertised is from another company Winferno, who, unfortunately perhaps, has a sales agreement with McAfee.  If you purchased your McAfee software through the Winferno website rather than direct from McAfee.com then unfortunately they control the advertising and McAfee can't stop them.

If you can open SecurityCenter then click 'About' and give me the version and if necessary scroll down the look for an Affid number, I will then check with my sources to find out who that Affid belongs to and see if there is anything that can be done.

• 2. Re: Annoying Popups

I registered to post about the same exact pop up but in English. I can't deal with this anymore, i keep getting it so often. This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Funny how there where no pop ups during the trial ,but once i pay I get this every hour or so. Its very intrusive.

I bought it directly from mcafee. Please somone help.

• 3. Re: Annoying Popups
              Peacekeeper

As Peter says post the version and affid please. We mods do not see these popups in fact last 1 is 12mths ago or longer.

• 4. Re: Annoying Popups

Hi,

thank you offering help.

In the McAfee Internet Security if found that my Version is 11.6, Build 11.6.477, Affid: 714

Nicolas

• 5. Re: Annoying Popups
                  Peacekeeper

Affid: 714

asking who this actually is it is not purchased via Mcafee itself as far as I know

• 6. Re: Annoying Popups

... it is possible, that theire was a trail version on my notebook. And then i bought it just by clicking "yes" as the trial period ends...

Nachricht geändert durch nicolasb on 23.03.13 05:20:05 CDT
                    • 7. Re: Annoying Popups
                      Peacekeeper

notebook who made it Dell?

It maybe possible that if you remove Mcafee fully via

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

reboot and reinstall from your account the affid might change( slight possibility). Probably not but the trial affid provider would stay if you clicked buy.

Can you access your Mcafee account? Have you a download there available?

• 8. Re: Annoying Popups
                        Peter M

These ads are generated by the 3rd party vendor and unfortunately they use the McAfee header so McAfee gets blamed every time.  Directly purchased McAfee software hardly ever uses such tactics.  I can't even remember when I got a popup last other than one telling me I need to reboot to complete a large upgrade of then software.

I am trying to ascertain who Affid 714 is nicolasb.

Winferno and Dell especially are notorious for doing this

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/03/13 7:24:56 EDT AM
                        • 9. Re: Annoying Popups
                          Peter M

nicolasb wrote:

... it is possible, that theire was a trail version on my notebook. And then i bought it just by clicking "yes" as the trial period ends...

Nachricht geändert durch nicolasb on 23.03.13 05:20:05 CDT

It might help in your case to completely uninstall via Control Panel > Programs then run the MCPR cleanup tool, reboot and then reinstall from your online account.  However if you purchased through Winferno's website than the same will probably happen. 

It could be worth a try.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next