Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
951 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2013 12:48 PM by mhentrich RSS
mhentrich Newcomer 5 posts since
Mar 18, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 18, 2013 1:12 PM

McShield Service Pauses (Event 7036) with Patch 5 installed?

All,

I noticed that a handful of our servers (Windows 2008 SP2 x64 and 2008 R2) are having an issue where the McShield service will pause for about an hour, then turn back on.  I'm not sure what is causing it, and I came across this article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67364

It seemed to describe my problem perfectly, except that the perscribed fix is to install patch 3, and the servers in question are already using 8.7i Patch 5.  Does anyone else know what would continue to cause this problem on servers that are already up to patch 5?

Thanks!

Matt

• Attila Polinger Veteran 1,161 posts since
    Dec 8, 2009

Hi,

first question is did you restart those servers after patch install? (I believe you did so this was just a "make sure" type of question).

Also please to exclude any illegitimate moves behind the pausing, please check (and set if missing) the Prevent stopping of McAfee services checkbox in the Access Protection (and together please enable all McAfee files and settings related protection in the Access Protection categories (inlcuding Prevent hookups of McAfee processes)) and make a restart again (if any malware is present that will clear it from memory and if it reloaded next time, these rules were in place already.)

If pausing continues after all these, then I'd say there is still a legitim reason behind the pause (or a issue - maybe you should then reinstall the patch ).

Attila

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points