we installed Patch 5 ( ePO 4.6 ), and after this some automatic Responses doesn't work ( Push Mcafee Agent, RSD: Query New Rogue Detection, so on), besides a few systems display " update failed " ; in some cases stop to communicate with ePO server. When the patch was installed, we restar the services and restar the ePO sever, but with no luck, the problem persist.
We are running ePO sever 4.6 Patch 5
Mcafee Agent 4.6 Patch 3
VirusScan 8.8 Patch 2
Any help Please...!!!
Message was edited by: wilfredy on 3/14/13 4:00:34 PM CDT
I opened a tickets on mcafee support, and after send MER and other files; this is the GREAT answer that i received..
Mcafee Support Answer...
("After reviewing your level 2 case, unfortunately it cannont continue because the automatic responses created or the ones by default that had been modified
are not supported. As long as one of the default responses work, thats it by the IT Support.
I await for your comments or pemission to close the case". )
I don't really understand..!!!
I still have the problem, they did anything else..!!! @$%..>:O
Message was edited by: wilfredy on 3/27/13 9:29:35 AM CDT
so there is NO support for faulty Upgrade behavings within the automatic response Tree but for the default responses? If they are as delivered? Huh, that's something to think about...
Did you succeed in restoring your automatic replies? If not you may provide some informations related to your "wanted" responses with the product specification so someone could give you a hand with this.
Sorry to hear about your experience with Support. Can you share the SR number - this will help me follow up on it.
thanks for reply; last week I installed RSD 4.7.1 and ePO 4.6 Patch 6 " Maybe this fix the problem" but with no luck, the problem still continue.
I created a new automatic responses ( Push mcafee Agent ), but didn't work.
Thanks for reply.
The SR # <3-2916092024>, please read the post above, because i installed RSD 4.7.1 and ePO 4.6. Patch 6. This case is in Spanish,
A possible workaround is to force remove the RSD extension and check it back in again.
You'd need to reconfigure RSD and Rogue exceptions categories.
Automatic responses should then start working.
Note to McAfee, this is an old issue which still occurs with ePO 4.6.6, even though it is claimed to have been fixed in an earlier point build of ePO.
Thanks for reply,
I did every step you said, and everything is working now..
Thanks a lot..!!
I have tried to do a forced uninstall of the RSD extension but the forced uninstall fails with errors, and RSD is corrupted. This means I have had to revert back to an earlier snapshot (luckily the ePO server is a virtual one.) I am running ePO 4.66 and the latest version of RSD. This problem with email alerts not being sent is getting really old *sigh*
That's odd, ticking the force removal box should just remove the RSD extension and do nothing else.
Then it's possible to check in the extension again.
If only ePO allowed us to reinstall the current extension version over the top instead of just telling us that it's already up to date.