2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2013 9:41 AM by selym

Installation requires 500MB free space on your C drive

Hi there,

I have one lone server hold out that won't install McAfee with the error in the title. The problem is, I have over 5gb free on my C drive, so I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting with this one. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm very new to McAfee as well. 

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Installation requires 500MB free space on your C drive
          alexn

When you receive this error, do you have an option to go NEXT, if you have then its okay go ahead and install it.

• 2. Re: Installation requires 500MB free space on your C drive

Hi alexn,

No, the only option was to hit ok which closed the error message. However, strangely enough after trying it no less than 20 times over a three day span, I finally got as different result. (Sometimes doing the same thing over and over DOES give you a different result. lol)

I got the Close Program window that said - McAfee update is required on your computer. Please close running......etc, etc. After closing continue by pressing OK and wait for end of installation. So...I guess I'll wait and see what happens.

Thanks very much for the reply. I'll be sure to follow up here if I have any more issues with it.

on 3/12/13 9:41:14 AM CDT