1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2014 8:04 AM by tlange RSS

MSME 8.0 not recieving policies from ePO Exch 2010

gaztop1

Hi All,

experiencing an issue or problem. We have installed MSME 8.0 on a 2010 Exchange server and have the latest McAfee Agent installed as well, when we try and apply policies from ePO if i look into the logs i get an error message

2013-03-11 09:25:05 I #24356 ProdMgr Start to enforce policies for SoftwareID VIRUSCAN8800|MSME____8000|EPOAGENT3000META|EPOAGENT3000|

2013-03-11 09:25:07 I #24356 Datastore Did not find section Policies+0 for software ID MSME____8000

2013-03-11 09:25:07 I #24356 Datastore Did not find section Policies+0 for software ID PolicyRoot

2013-03-11 09:25:08 I #24356 Datastore Did not find section Settings+0 for software ID MSME____8000

2013-03-11 09:25:08 I #24356 Datastore Did not find section Settings+0 for software ID PolicyRoot

2013-03-11 09:25:08 I #24356 Datastore Did not find section Identities+0 for software ID MSME____8000

2013-03-11 09:25:08 I #24356 Datastore Did not find section Identities+0 for software ID PolicyRoot

2013-03-11 09:25:08 I #24356 Datastore Did not find section TimeRestrictions+0 for software ID MSME____8000

2013-03-11 09:25:08 I #24356 Datastore Did not find section TimeRestrictions+0 for software ID PolicyRoot

2013-03-11 09:25:08 I #24356 Datastore Did not find section Alerts+0 for software ID MSME____8000

2013-03-11 09:25:08 I #24356 Datastore Did not find section Alerts+0 for software ID PolicyRoot

These are the type of errors i am seeing in the PrdMgr_<system>.log

in the Mcsript and the Agent logs all looks like it is applying... when i check the console on the exchange server i do not see the policies applied and i have confirmed in ePO all is working, any reason for this >? any advice appreciated

• 1. Re: MSME 8.0 not recieving policies from ePO Exch 2010
          flitcraft33

Same problem here. Policy updates take hours if they EVER arrive. What gives???

• 2. Re: MSME 8.0 not recieving policies from ePO Exch 2010
            Aidan

Well the details above could suggest that no plicy is actually assigned for the machine or group its in.

e.g if you have ExchangeServers Group with policy assignemnt and the server gets added to for example Lost & Found  - then it may not get policy changes.

If you are stating that it is slow - then the policy enforcement interval is defined in the Agent Policy in ePO. 

You can adjust that to check.

You can also send wake upcalls to machines.

You can also open local status monitor on the machine

- right-click agent icon in systray select "McAfee Agent Status monitor"

- run <agent install folder>\ cmdagent /s

From this screen there is a button to check for new policies.

• 3. Re: MSME 8.0 not recieving policies from ePO Exch 2010
              flitcraft33

I definitely have a polcy assigned to my machines. When I first installed MSME8 it took them about half an hour to get it despite the fact that my machines call home every 5 minutes for policy updates (I have a smallish network so this is not a big deal). Also I got on the machines and used the GUI to request and apply policy updates over and over and sent props and events back manually also.  Since that first polciy that they finally recieved, they haven't gotten any of the changes I have made in the ePO console. I have goine into the MSME console and done the update on the dahsboard. Generally the task completes successfully according to the GUI but no changes show in policy manager even if I exit and restart the GUI or even stop and restart the service.

Any help would be VERY welcome.

Thanks all,

Dan S

• 4. Re: MSME 8.0 not recieving policies from ePO Exch 2010
                Aidan

Well a very quick test to see if its receiving any policy at all - check settings and diagnostics  - dat settings - there will be a dat retention number.

Change it to something else - like if its 10 change it to 5.

Close the interface.

Open status monitor as above - click check new policies and/or enforce polices.

Once done open interface - if the number has changed back to original number  then it looks like its getting some  sort of policy.

If not no policy is applied.

After this the agent logging may hold some info - C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\DB\*.log

If you are happy to post here I can look - but it will contain some internal on epo and ips repos used.

Otherwise get a case open with support .

• 5. Re: MSME 8.0 not recieving policies from ePO Exch 2010
                  flitcraft33

Thanks for the hint. I did as you suggested, the only error in the log afterwards seemed to be DAT related and already addressed in a document.  Sadly, the policy changing to retain 7 dats instead of 10 did not propogate. so much for lucky 7 .

Unless anyone has any ideas I guess it's time to go to support.

Cheers!

• 6. Re: MSME 8.0 not recieving policies from ePO Exch 2010
                    dgeronik

Did you find any solurion on this??

• 7. Re: MSME 8.0 not recieving policies from ePO Exch 2010
                      flitcraft33

reinstall, as usual. Since the last reinstall it is slightly better. they will usually pick up new policies in a day or so. I have given up and just resigned myself to roughly quarterly uninstall/reinstall cycles with this product.

• 8. Re: MSME 8.0 not recieving policies from ePO Exch 2010
                        tlange

what product are you reinstalling, msme or the mcafee agent?  this whole issue is related to a problem with the agent and how it is communicating/ gathering policies from epo so i hope you haven't been reinstalling msme.  what version of the mcafee agent is installed and what version of epo is being used? 

also was a support call ever logged for this issue? 

• 9. Re: MSME 8.0 not recieving policies from ePO Exch 2010
                          dgeronik

Hi there!

On my installation I have ePO 5 and 4.8 agent

Message was edited by: dgeronik on 7/7/14 7:13:19 PM CDT
                          1 2 Previous Next