1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 9, 2013 10:25 AM by Peter M

The macfee kill my CPU

Hello!

I am using mcafee antivirus+firewall 2012 now. I found my CPU's usage rate always up to 100% since last month. It usually happen in the time of playing PC game, watching web video and watching video from harddisk. I used mcafee to scanned whole system for twice and virus were cleaned. But the situation still happen. I used Windows resource monitor to check program resource. And I found the mcafee used the most CPU's resource in those time. I also found some similar situations form internet. So I think the mcafee have some problems. Are there any suggestions to help my CPU?

Here are some configuration of my computer:

CPU:Intel Core i3 M380

RAM:4.00GB

Graphics:AMD Mobile HD 5650

System:Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Video player:Windows media player 12

Internet bowser:Maxthon 3

Sorry for my broke english!

• 1. Re: The macfee kill my CPU
          Peter M

Make sure that all parts of Windows are totally up to date, including Internet Explorer (& its add-ons) even though you use Maxthon.

Ensure that any applications that the games' websites recommend are given full permission in the firewall have been allowed under Web and Email Protection > Firewall > Internet Connections for Programs.

Try using a different browser to see if it helps.

If that all doesn't help then I recommend you immediately open a case with Technical Support.  It's free of charge and available by phone or online chat.

They are linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

I notice in your profile you mention Security Scan Plus.

If that is listed in your programmes I suggest you uninstall it as it is an unnecessary addition.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/03/13 11:25:01 EST AM