6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2013 10:11 AM by mistym99 RSS

Can somebody please tell me how i can remove snap.do from my computer? I have removed the programme but it seems to have hijacked my Internet Explorer browser.

on 09/03/13 6:36:39 EST AM
        • 1. Re: Snap.do

I edited your thread and moved it to Malware Discussions > Home User Assistance for wider attention.

There is a comprehensive removal guide on the web here:  http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-snap-do-and-search-snap-do-malware-from-your-c omputer-and-internet-browser/

Also look in the last link of my signature below.

Usually a quick method of getting out of sticky situations is to use System Restore to go back to before this all started.  It can be initiated in Safe Mode if necessary.

Also you'll see there links to 3rd part tools. 

In this case, and after you've tried what the above link suggests, I would run Malwarebytes Free and possibly Hijackthis to post a log on on the of the forums suggested there to make sure I'm clean.

• 2. Re: Snap.do

It's a part of Resoft Smartbar. Not sure what it is, but you can read their FAQ here: http://www.snapdoapp.com/faq/SnapDo/FAQ.aspx?lang=en

Anyway, better do what Ex_Brit said, removal guide @botcrawl.com looks promising. Here's another one with some nice pictures illustrating each step:

And one more thing, if you can't uninstall it manually, use Adwacleaner. It's a great tool that removes adware/toolbars/PUPs very effectively.

I hope this helps mate. Cheers!

• 3. Re: Snap.do
              Edita Laurel

Removing SNAP DO from your computer?

This is how I did it.

(1) Download Advanced System Care Ultimate v.6 (free)

(2) In the "Clean" Category, click  IO Bit Uninstaller (free).

(3) On the left tabs, you can choose what type of programs to show, i.e., "Recent;y Installed", "Large Programs", etc.

(4) When the programs show, look for SNAP DO or whatever program you want to uninstall;

(5) Click the Program. Confirm you want the program removed. Wait until it finished uninstalling (some programs take minutes, some seconds).

(6) After it is finished uninstalling the program, click the "Powerful Scan" button to remove bits of traces left

of the program, if any.

You are done!

Hope it works for you. I spent three days trying to find the right Uninstaller. My computer showed all kinds of bad "errors", including problem with the wireless LAN card. After I removed all the unwanted programs, my computer started working like new again! I did not even have to buy a wireless card or adapter.

• 4. Re: Snap.do

Thank you Edita.  I see from the website that Advanced System Care contains an antivirus.  So anyone installing this should uninstall it after successful use as it will clash with McAfee and could possibly end up compromising your machine

• 5. Re: Snap.do
                  Edita Laurel

Hi Ex_Brit -

Well, thanks so much for the info. I will keep an eye on my computer and see. Thanks!

• 6. Re: Snap.do

Ok...I figured out the missing step to uninstall snap(do not want it) from my computer. From reading a few forums I'm not the only one ; )

Frustration over!!!

Go to uninstall programmes. On my computer / windows 7, i clicked start bar (bottom left corner) / control panel / programmes and features.

Find the unwanted programme on the list and click uninstall (option usually up the top or try right clicking on the programme to uninstall)

You will get a yes or no question to make changes to your computer (for me the task bar flashed and i clicked on the icon for this). You want to click yes. Now what I missed was the advanced setting option. Click this and then it will give you the option to delete snap(don't want it). Bingo!!!!

Then all the forums show you how to remove snap.do from your browsers - chrome, fire fox and explorer. Good luck, I hope this helps. If this helps and you find a site which doesn't explaing properly cut and past this and pass on ; )