1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2013 5:20 PM by pschmehl

How to assign Policy to set of servers

wayneb

Hi

Using epo4.5. What;s the easiest way of assigning a new policy to 5 specific servers that reside in an OU with lots of other servers? , I've created a new Policy I've followed the below but ionly want to assign the new policy to 5 servers and it only lets me break inheritance , but doesnt appear to give me an option to apply the policy to the 5 servers i want?

• Log on to the ePO 4.5

Under System Tree, select the group that the computer to be managed resides in.

• Click the Systems tab and select the computer(s) you want to manage.
      • Click the Assigned Policies tab and select the product to be managed for the selected computer(s) from the drop-down list.

NOTE: The ePO agent for Windows policy settings are under the McAfee Agent product selection.
      • Under the Actions column, click Edit Assignment to create a product-specific custom policy for the selected computers.
      • To the right of Inherit from, select Break inheritance and assign the policy and settings below to configure custom policy settings.
      • To the right of Assigned policy, select one of the following:

To work on an existing policy from the drop-down list:

1. Click Edit Policy
      2. Make the necessary changes and click Save.

To set up a new policy:

1. Click New Policy.
      2. Specify a name to create a new custom policy setting and click OK.
      3. Make the necessary changes and click Save.
      • To the right of Lock policy inheritance, select the appropriate option to either allow or prevent policy inheritance from being broken below the currently selected level.
      • Click Save.
        • 1. Re: How to assign Policy to set of servers
          pschmehl

There's two ways you can do this.

1) Create a sub-OU under the server OU for those five servers and move them into it.  Then assign the policy you want them to have after breaking inheritance.

2) Create a group for those five servers in ePO and move them into it.  Then break inheritance and assign the policy.  Keep in mind, you can not be enforcing sync with AD and have this work.  The servers will simply be moved back into their assigned OU.