4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2013 2:26 PM by DC-SG

Question on DLP WCF

DC-SG

Hello All.

I would like to request some assistance on DLP WCF installation. This is also related to DLP Monitor later. Below are my evnironment and questions

Thank you in advance.

DC-SG.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My Environment: 

1. ePO4.6 (build 1029) in 2008R2 server with SQL2008R2 Server.   The SQL and ePO reside in the same server. TheDLP 9.2p2 was installed too.
      2. After installed on a test client, McAfee agentand HDLP agents communicate with the ePO successfully.
      3. WAAG group is created in the Windows AD with nomember as yet. Let’s say I will add userA to WAAG.

Before going further, I would like to have a clear understanding of some items related to the following referenced document:

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/ 23000/PD23610/en_US/dlp_920_ig_endpt-epo46_en-us.pdf

Installing WCF locally (my environment)

… If you have selected Windows authentication, and the logged on user is a memberof the WAAG,…

Note: I use Windows authentication

Question: Does this mean UserA must bea member of WAAG first?

Add a user in Microsoft SQL Server

On theGeneral page of the Login Properties dialog box, select … WindowsAuthentication and type a logon name.

Note: I use Windows authentication   

Question: Is this userA, which should be a member of WAAG?

Run the McAfee DLP WCF installer

… You must change the default Web Access Authorized Groupsentry from Everyone to a group ,(which will be  WAAG)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++

• 1. Re: Question on DLP WCF
          alexn

Hello DC,

WAAG  user would have access to DLP monitor and policies.

And User A will not be memeber of WAAG here, its not required condition. Windows authentication is only to establish connection to DLP DB only.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Question on DLP WCF
            DC-SG

Hi Alexn,

Thank you for helpful answer.

You reply addess question about the WAAG membership. That's a good start.

How about the question  on account to be added to SQL?

Add a user in Microsoft SQL Server

On theGeneral page of the Login Properties dialog box, select … WindowsAuthentication and type a logon name.

Question: if it's not userA (which is not a member of WAAG), then which account should I enter?

or if I understand you correctly, then I still enter UserA although it's not a member of WAAG?

If this is true, then  if I  want UserB, UserC to connect to DLP Monitor, I have to add their account to the SQL?

Thank you in advance again.

DC-SG

• 3. Re: Question on DLP WCF
              alexn

Add the logged on user to SQL db as windows or sql user. In windows authentication, logged on user must be added to sql DB.until you will not add user to DB and you will be installing WCF with  windows authentication, the wcf wizard will not be able to make succefull connection to SQL DB and you will not be able to install WCF.

• 4. Re: Question on DLP WCF
                DC-SG

Alexn.

Thank you again.

In a nutshell, if userA, userB, and userB need to connect to DLP monitor, their logon account have to be added to the SQL db.

I will test it out and let you know.

V/R,

DC-SG.