Kindly need your input on the following queries and correction of understanding please.
For non-Secure Port communication
1. I read that SPiPe protocol is being used on MA 4.5 for port 80 channel. Is this also the case for MA 4.6?
2. Agent-to-server via port 80 channel is unencrypted and the packages are signed by ePO server to ensure package authenticity?
3. I believe that there is also the checking of the package hash to verify its integrity. May I know at which phase does it conduct this hash check?
For Secure Port communication
4. Agent-to-server communicate over SSL and the encryption mechanism used is:
a) Cipher Type : 3DES
b) Cipher Keysize/strength: 256-bit
Hope to hear from all soon.
Thanks a lot!
1 - Yes.
2. Yes -
3. The package is verified once its downloaded.
For agent server communication over SSL, we use TLS with RSA 2048bit keys (for ePO / MA 4.6.)