Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1045 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2013 10:50 AM by pbrickey RSS
Regis Champion 457 posts since
Oct 6, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 27, 2013 12:42 AM

OSX Mountain Lion App store vs MWG

At my client, there is a small smattering of Special Egg Mac users.   Unfortunately, they are reporting that the App Store for updates is ... not working through the MWG's. 

Any tips or experiences appreciated. 

I'm seeing some barking about swscan.apple.com and its SSL cert not matching.  Which is odd because from another IP address/computer/version of curl,  curl claims the altname of the cert matches swscan.apple.com   ... but from my proxy command line, curl -visk https://swscan.apple.com/   only sees a CN of *.isu.apple.com which of course... doesn't match.    openssl s_client -connect:swscan.apple.com | openssl x509 -txt      seems to be consistent across all the ip's and OS's I tested from, and all seem to be quite sure that the SSL cert is CN's and alt subject'd for *.isu.apple.com   and not swscan.apple.com. 

Curious if others see issues with swscan.apple.com 's ssl cert, and/or know how if at all it figures in with this issue preventing Mountain Lion machines from pulling OS updates.   Does apple have this goofed up and is MWG 7.2.0.1 doing the right thing with it?   Is it safe/necessary to pull this one into the cert whitelist?

Thanks in advance for any shared fun wtih Apple OS X.

on 2/27/13 12:42:08 AM CST
  • pbrickey McAfee Employee 79 posts since
    Oct 13, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    3. Mar 15, 2013 10:50 AM (in response to Regis)
    Re: OSX Mountain Lion can't get updates via MWG?

Hi Regis,

It also appears that the app store Mountain Lion doesn't play well with chunk encoding. Have you tried adding the proxy control to your whitelists?

-Patrick

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points