5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2013 12:09 PM by mbauman8

Server not automatically added in the epo console after installing the agent

Hi ,

I have installed epo agent in a server  , but the server not reflecting in the epo console .

what are the steps we need to fillow to fix the issue .Help me to fix the issue ..

• 1. Re: Server not automatically added in the epo console after installing the agent
          mbauman8

hi dineshkumar,

can you reach the epo over network with ,telnet target port'. --> I mean is the firewall open?

and

did you get/extract the frame.exe from epo tree?

check this 2 things first.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Server not automatically added in the epo console after installing the agent
            alexn

You have to manaually add your server in ePO, by going into "New system" option and add it with force pushin agent over existing agent.

• 3. Re: Server not automatically added in the epo console after installing the agent
              Tristan

Not necessarily as nbauman8 suggests if you use the FramePkg.exe installer downloaded from the ePO console the computer will get added into ePO automatically, usually in the 'Lost&Found' folder.

If your using the agent installer downloaded from the McAfee website or the one in the VSE install then it won't get added to ePO and you have to use the method alex...... suggests.

Basically you have two options

1. In the system tree click the 'System Tree Actions -> New Systems' button at the bottom of the screen and choose '

2. In the system tree click the 'System Tree Actions -> New Systems' button at the bottom of the screen and then choose '

However if your server is virtual then you have to investigate and see if it's overwriting an existing virtual server. You see the agent and ePO use the MAC address to uniquely identify the client. If two virtual machines have the same generated MAC address (entirely possible) then the agent/ePO will think the two machines are the same and the registration to the single instance in ePO will flip-flop between the two virtual machines each time they communicate(ASIC).

Message was edited by: Tristan on 27/02/13 14:29:48 GMT
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Server not automatically added in the epo console after installing the agent

Thank you all ( mbauman8 , alex and Tristan ) for the useful information .

I have followed mbauman steps and found that i am unable to telnet  the epo server and now working on it .

and i have one more query

Some servers are update status shows till date . But in the epo console the same server shows as not updated and last communication date also in very old

date .

I done the below things but i am unable to fix it .

1.telnet the epo server - its able to telnet

2.removed and reinstalled the Mcafee agent with  FramePkg.exe installer downloaded from the ePO console

3.run the cmdagent  /s

But the servers is not communicating with console ,Please assist me to fix that type of issue

Thanks in Advance

• 5. Re: Server not automatically added in the epo console after installing the agent
                  mbauman8

Can you check:

1.How to reset the Agent GUID if computers are not displayed in the ePO directory

Problem

If the agent was deployed on an image without first removing its GUID from the registry, multiple systems in the environment will have duplicate GUIDs. When these systems fail to communicate with the ePO server, they generate sequencing errors, which indicates a GUID problem.

Posible solution

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB56086

Resolve the issue:
                  On each affected client, delete the AgentGUID registry key and restart the McAfee Framework Service or the system.

1. Click Start, Run, type regedit and click OK

2. Navigate to the following registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent\]

3. Right-click the AgentGUID and select Delete.

4. Click Registry, Exit.

5. Click Start, Run, type services.msc and click OK.

6. Right-click McAfee Framework Service and select Restart --> or restart the system; this will have the same evect.

give me a feedback

on 04.03.13 12:09:01 CST