1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 26, 2013 1:03 PM by whh

detection of Trojan-FBBL!6503A528BE08 but no info on what is it....

msimard

I got a detection of Trojan-FBBL!6503A528BE08 in a dll, but got no info other then it's going to be clean when rebooted.

Is it me or the mcafee threat center page is completly useless. Each time i search for a detection that i got, i found more info on all the other vendor website that the mcafee one.

• 1. Re: detection of Trojan-FBBL!6503A528BE08 but no info on what is it....
          whh

I saw a similar DLL detection today called Trojan-FBBL!6E0687B9E. No joy with the McAfee Threat Intelligence virus entries either.  This entry was not found.    There is a similar one called Trojan-FBBL!0D3CBD83D28B.  Virus Total shows other scanners identifying the sample as a W32/Medfos variant.  If it is Medfos, it is being introduced to the system via the Blacole Exploit Kit which drops the Microsoft identified Win32/BeeBone variants. These in turn download ZeroAccess and Medfos.  Not a fun event.

I REALLY wish McAfee would put the resources together to flesh out their placeholder pages that have little information other than the detecting DAT file set.  I've talked to McAfee support before about this and I've put it in writing.  If I were a McAfee tech engineer, I'd be very embarassed that other AV companies have better AV encyclopedias. From the user side, it puts McAfee detections in doubt when you can't explain to someone what the malware does.

Message was edited by: whh on 2/26/13 12:55:08 PM CST

Message was edited by: whh on 2/26/13 1:03:04 PM CST