Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
4781 Views 29 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2013 9:39 PM by karthiks RSS 1 2 3 Previous Next
ganal Newcomer 8 posts since
Feb 26, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 26, 2013 1:52 AM

Win8 Action Center indicates that Virus, Spyware & Firewall protection are disabled

One month ago I upgrade my notebook Dell to Windows 8, without facing any problem at all. A few days ago I noticed that windows action center was indicating that Virus Protection, Spyware Protection & Firewall Protection were disabled. However, McAfee Internet Security was indicating that there was not a problem and everything worked properly. I ran Virtual Technician several times, but the problem still exists.

A friend advised me to choose, through MS action center, windows defender protection, so not to be anprotected. The resuslt was to enable windows Defender for Virus & Spyware protection. But there is nothing I can do to enable Firewall Protection (either Defender or McAfee). Now, it is not possible to enable again the McAfee Virus & Spyware Protection, through action center, while still unable to enable firewall protection.

Does anyone know the solution to the problem ?

When I ran the Virtual technician, reported as a problem that DAT is not up to date. Since then, reports the same problem, without fixing it. What I have to do for this ?

Many Thanks George

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points