Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
672 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2013 1:10 PM by PhilM RSS
PhilM Champion 528 posts since
Jan 7, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 21, 2013 10:50 AM

MEG 7 - /log 100% full

Is it possible to free-up any space in the /log directory?

I installed a MEG7 Virtual Appliance on an ESXi server for testing purposes, leaving it connected to a test subnet on our network.

Fast forward several months and mail is still passing through the device without issue, but I thought I'd take a closer look at the product in anticipation that I'll need to answer some customer questions on this product. The first thing I did was to install patches 7.0.1 & 7.0.2, but what I noticed after doing this was that while the various panes in the where all present, many of them were 'greyed-out'  with the message "Failed to load".

The System Summary and Hardware Summary dashboard elements are both green, but when expanding these elements they too contain the message "Failed to load".

Similarly when I tried to load a report, it too failed. 

When I look at the Troubleshooting -> Troubleshooting Tools -> Disk Space screen, I can see that the /logs partition is showing 100% useage.

From the command line I can see that /log.system/cla appears to be responsible for almost all that usage.

Is there anything I can do to flush the logs and recover this space?

-Phil.

• Regis Champion 457 posts since
    Oct 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Feb 27, 2013 12:13 PM (in response to PhilM)
    Re: MEG 7 - /log 100% full

Call support.  Lowly administrators like you and I who've purchased these appliances aren't trusted with root on these  without signing an NDA (not that I'm bitter), but support can get on the back end and probably clear up some space to unwedge you.

on 2/27/13 12:13:10 PM CST

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points