1 2 3 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2014 9:17 AM by blade13cat RSS

Site Advisor blocks Firefox Tab

atlastwo2

Have they found a fix for this yet?

• 1. Re: Site Advisor blocks Firefox Tab
          Ex_Brit

Not heard of it blocking a tab per se, but yes it could block the address you are trying to go to if it's regarded as a risky one.

• 2. Re: Site Advisor blocks Firefox Tab
            atlastwo2

Sorry I wasn't very Clear. if I have more than three tabs open it blockes the ability to click the close "X".

• 3. Re: Site Advisor blocks Firefox Tab
              Ex_Brit

It shouldn't happen.  I often have 10 or more tabs open and no issues here.  I suggest you contact Technical Support, it's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

• 4. Re: Site Advisor blocks Firefox Tab
                Nehal Jojo Jacob

atlastwo2

Please check the version of McAfee site advisor which you are using. Please check whether you are using site advisot version 3.6 and above ; if not then , reinstall it from siteadvisor.com.

Please check for alternate Add-ons. If you found any alternate Add-ons ; then please disable it. Please find the below path to get in to Add-ons.

open IE - Tools - Manage Add-ons - Toolbars and extension - Disable.

Let us know the outcome.

• 5. Re: Site Advisor blocks Firefox Tab
                  mulgie

Hi all,

Our University has just rolled out McAfee Site Advisor and I now have this very annoying dropdown box 'hovering' over the last tab and new tab button in my Firefox browser.  See below:

Site_Advisor_Issue.png

If this could be fixed soon I'd be very grateful.

• 6. Re: Site Advisor blocks Firefox Tab
                    mulgie

Hi Nehal,

The instructions you give refer to Internet Explorer settings but the OP's and my own issue happens to be with the Mozilla Firefox Browser.

Many thanks.

• 7. Re: Site Advisor blocks Firefox Tab
                      Ex_Brit

That should not be happening - it looks to me like some latency is causing applets to linger longer than they are supposed to.  Have you tried clearing the browser cache?   I also assume this is the latest version of Firefox (20)?

Hopefully Nehal has an answer or you can contact Technical Support directly.   It's free and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

• 8. Re: Site Advisor blocks Firefox Tab
                        Hayton

Simple solution : right-click anywhere that's empty in the top area and un-select "Put tabs on top".

• 9. Re: Site Advisor blocks Firefox Tab
                          mulgie

Thanks very much for the two suggestions geentlemen; I shall adress them accordingly:

@Ex_Brit - I am indeed using Firefox 20 and tried clearing the browser cache as you suggested but sadly this didn't change anything.  The MSA (McAfee Site Advisor) dropdown isn't really lingering and it's more of a permanent fixture which never leaves.  Its behaviour is exactly the same in IE but because the MSA dropdown sits slightly higher in IE and the IE tabs are also a lot lower than in Firefox it doesn't eclipse the tabs as it does within Firefox.

@Hayton - When I Right-Click in the empty space at the far right of the top area as you suggest I only get the following 5 menu options:

Firefox_RightClick_Tabs.png

Could the issue of the dropdown remaining as a permanent fixture be a result of an incorrect setting being wrongly enforced by my EPO Agent?

Many thanks.

Paul

1 2 3 Previous Next