Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
707 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2013 2:25 AM by domme RSS
domme Newcomer 7 posts since
Oct 17, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 20, 2013 4:36 AM

Download Limitation of file size ?

Hi,

I have one qeustion. Has Web Gateway 7 a limitation about the file size when downloading a file  ? We have the issue that a user is not able to download a file of 2,45GB. The download ends at 1,9 GB and the file is corrupt?

Any hints?

Thanks dominique

• asabban McAfee SME 1,354 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    1. Feb 20, 2013 4:45 AM (in response to domme)
    Re: Download Limitation of file size ?

Hello,

are you using Data Trickling?

It is possible that MWG blocks the file. When Data Trickling is used as the progress indication method MWG will abort the download when it decides to block the file. You could try turning on Progress Pages and retry to download the file - in this case MWG will show you a reason why the file has been blocked.

If you are not using any progress indication methods at all it is possible that the transfer times out. In this case please enable progress indication (the rule set is part of the library that ships with the product).

If the error occurs after Progress Pages are completed (aka "click here to download") it is probably a network thing which needs further troubleshooting.

Best,

Andre

• asabban McAfee SME 1,354 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    3. Feb 20, 2013 6:07 AM (in response to domme)
    Re: Download Limitation of file size ?

Hello,

it looks a little weird, I don't think this is correct. Usually you only have one "Progress Indication" rule set within the Common Rules, no nested second rule group with the same name. With the config you show I think you are using Data Trickling only so I believe the file is blocked. You could check the access.log or look at the end of the transferred file with a hex editor to look for a MWG error message (could be slow with a 1.9 GB file).

Additionally I would remove or rename and disable the two Progress Indication rule sets and import a fresh one from the library into the common rules. This will give you the "progress pages" which are more usable when interacting with users if this is what you want. In case you explicitly moved to data trickling there probably is a good reason why you did that. In this case I would not touch the rules.

Best,

Andre

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points