I have McAfee Total Protection installed on my Sony VAIO Duo 11 Notebook (Windows 8 Pro 64-bit).
I found a lot of disadvantages of this product.
- I can’t found way to unblock authorized application. I use now PC Tools Performance Toolkit which I used successfully a lot of year. When I try to perform Registry defragmentation PC Tools says me that “Operation failed”. Due to assistance of PC Tools Support and Log files analysis we were found that McAfee Total Protection blocked PC Tools application. How can I unblock desired apps?
- McAfee Help Window for Win8 is too small. It has no any ability to increase or expand size. On Full HD my Notebook display McAfee Help readability is awful (if need I can offer screenshot).
- I can’t even expand main McAfee Total Protection to full screen or manually – with mouse action. What - McAfee developed his app relied on old VGA-displays?
- Else on interesting Question. I see that McAfee Total Protection has embedded own system files protection algorithm – in case if other app intend to change them. But it doesn’t work :). When I installed this utility – see link http://my-ssd.ru/st/HDD_Life_Pro after install it blocked McAfee Updates. I tried to first repair McAfee with your MVTInstaller.exe (http://service.mcafee.com/MVT.aspx?MVT=1&&lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1 McAfee Virtual Technician repair tool) but it said than it can’t help. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall McAfee Total Protection. But setup confessed that it can’t start any own services. It was awful! Is McAfee has really weak self-protection? (Sorry for my emotions). Very thanks’ for Paragon Drive Backup and it ability to restore previously saved partition image.
- Why in the main window Update McAfee program say that next update will be in 8.40 pm in spite of current time is 10.10 pm and I have a several manually updates in this time period?
I’m very hope to get answers for my questions.
Small_Help_Window.jpg 352.9 K