Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
951 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2013 4:27 AM by alexn RSS
norwynn Newcomer 3 posts since
Feb 15, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 15, 2013 11:51 AM

Keyboard Delay/Lag When On-Access Scanner is  Enabled

Hello,

I have VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise 8.8 installed on my corporate laptop.  For the past couple of months, I have experienced some sort of delay/lag when I type on the keyboard, like whatever I type appears on the screen some 1-2 seconds later.  I tried restarting and the problem goes away.  Though yesterday, it has been "permanent".  I tried looking for configurations or apps that are running the background and I tried disabling the On-Access Scanner and the typing speed goes back to normal.   After about 3 minutes,when the On-Access Scanner kicks back in, the delay/lag is back again.

Now obviously, i cannot disabled the On-Access Scanner since that would violate corporate security policies (and I cannot actually disable it since it is centrally controlled/monitored).  Is there a setting(s) somewhere that can be modified, process added to exclusions to resolve this keyboard lag?  My laptop is barely usable because of this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points