Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
826 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 11:07 AM by Brad McGarr RSS
chkidd Newcomer 2 posts since
Feb 14, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 14, 2013 10:10 AM

User Account Creation via Batch - limitations?

Can the batch user account creation option be used to add users white list / block list when creating the user account?

I have exported the settings from our current spam filter provider and was wanting to import this into the McAfee SaaS before migration of services.

Also can McAfee batch be used to create DL for user account creation?

Wes in our training demo said it could but we didn't delve into how to setup the .cvs file to designate the user to be a DL.

The reason is we have 2 generic catch all emails for spam, one for the IT group, one for the business group, with multiple aliases tied to these two email accounts, I understand

that McAfee has a limitation on aliases set to 5? or 10 if the user adds 5 also. So I will need to create multiple DL's for these aliased email accounts.

Would I just need to import them in via batch then change each one "user" to be a DL instead?

Thanks,

Chris

• Brad McGarr McAfee Employee 154 posts since
    Dec 4, 2012
    1. Feb 14, 2013 10:41 AM (in response to chkidd)
    Re: User Account Creation via Batch - limitations?

Hi Chkidd,

The Batch User Creation option is just limited to creating the user account, all options will have to be configured once the account is created, however you can upload the user's white lists and block lists once the user is created. It will just be a separate step.

The Bach Creation can be used to 'create' the Distribution list, but yes it will innitially show up as a User, and it can then be switch to Distribution List.

If you have any further questions, please reply or contact your support organization.

Brad McGarr
    McAfee SaaS Email & Web Protection
    Technical Support Technician I (Legacy & Partner Support)
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft Technology Associate - Windows OS | CompTIA A+ Certified Technician | CIW Web Foundations Associate
    Visit my blog: Brad's Corner - Insights from SaaS Email & Web Security Support https://community.mcafee.com/blogs/brad-denver

Frequently Requested Information
  • Brad McGarr McAfee Employee 154 posts since
    Dec 4, 2012
    3. Feb 14, 2013 11:07 AM (in response to chkidd)
    Re: User Account Creation via Batch - limitations?

Chkidd,

The alias limit can be increased up to 10 through the organization that supports your product. A phone call or service request to that team should take care of it for you.

On the SaaS Control Console, the Distribution List under Account Management>Users is just a special user type to identify distribution lists in the control console as valid, without having the same type of login abilities as a user. No management of the direction of the messages are handled on the SaaS Control Console, all of that is handled by the SMTP Server once we hand the message off.

Hope that clarifies.

Brad McGarr
    McAfee SaaS Email & Web Protection
    Technical Support Technician I (Legacy & Partner Support)
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft Technology Associate - Windows OS | CompTIA A+ Certified Technician | CIW Web Foundations Associate
    Visit my blog: Brad's Corner - Insights from SaaS Email & Web Security Support https://community.mcafee.com/blogs/brad-denver

Frequently Requested Information

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points