1 2 3 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2013 3:48 AM by john_henrys_hammer

McAfee Endpoint Encryption 5.2.12 for PC install error: 'McAfee Endpoint Encryption Manager must be installed'

john_henrys_hammer

Hi there

I'm pretty much a McAfee noob, and would really appreciate some advice.

We deploy our Windows client via a SCCM task sequence. Within that task sequence I am upgrading the McAfee Endpoint Encryption 5.2.5 for PC to 5.2.12

However, when the McAfee task begins, a message appears:

'The McAfee Endpoint Encryption Manager must be installed before this product can be installed'.

i don't understand this at all - why would the McAfee Endpoint Encryption Manager need to be installed on a client machine before installing McAfee Endpoint Encryption 5.2.12 for PC???

My understanding is that the McAfee Endpoint Encryption Manager is the management tool for managing all devices on which McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC is installed.

Why then would the management tool need to be installed on an ordinary Windows client machine? Surely this tool is for McAfee administrators only?

I have looked at the release notes and they say that the McAfee Endpoint Encryption Manager must be installed prior to installing the encryption client, but this makes no sense to me - why on earth would anyone want the management tool installed on every newly built Windows client machine???

We have a task sequence for an older Windows client build which installs McAfee Endpoint Encryption 5.2.5 for PC but no problems occur here, it installs without any problems.

If anyone can shed light on this I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

JHH

1 2 3 Previous Next