Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
928 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2013 11:53 AM by cgrim RSS
vfguy11 Newcomer 25 posts since
Oct 17, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 12, 2013 2:06 PM

scan with an old selection?

Hello,

If I scan a machine on 1/1/13, and I want to use the EXACT same list of vulnerabilities when I scan again on 2/1/13, how can I do that, given that there have been multiple vulnerabilitty updates?

What I'm trying to accomplish is validating that items have been remediated, without new vulnerabilities being included, or vulnerabilities for which there are now patches, but didn't exist on 1/1/13.

Thanks.

Joe.

• Community Leader 479 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    1. Feb 12, 2013 5:35 PM (in response to vfguy11)
    Re: scan with an old selection?

Hi Joe,

Turning off the option in the Scan Config  > Vuln Selection to "Run New Checks" should get you what you need.  Run new Checks is ON I think for most default Scan Templates.  Maybe use a Vulnerability Set - that option is OFF I think by default on Vuln Sets.

Other options - some customers turn off FSL content Updates until after they run their "Validation" type scans.

I hope that helps!
    Cathy

• John M Sopp The Place at McAfee Member 88 posts since
    Nov 17, 2009
    3. Feb 13, 2013 8:20 AM (in response to cgrim)

Cathy, I agree with Joe!

A compiled list would be very very helpful!

Nov 3, 2009
    4. Feb 14, 2013 7:03 PM (in response to John M Sopp)

Joe - you can get a Database Schema if you want it.  You need to open an SR for tracking purposes...  The lower Tiers know the process and can get one to you pretty quickly.

Nov 3, 2009
    6. Feb 15, 2013 1:34 PM (in response to vfguy11)

Hi Joe,

No you're right... it doesn't.  Nor is a list like that something maintained or easily obtainable thru MVM.  I'm sure like you've discussed there are ways to pull that information.  They keep me far too busy with my day job for me to come up with a solution for you over the Community site however.  Product Enhancement Request?

-Cathy

Nov 3, 2009
    9. Feb 21, 2013 11:53 AM (in response to vfguy11)

Hi Joe,

No, you're right.  They get removed after about a month.  We're not going to host them here forever, so in the future  you should plan to get them as they're posted.

Did you need some specific ones?  Email me which ones  (cathy_grim@mcafee.com) and I will send them to you.

Thanks!
    Cathy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points