1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2013 12:33 PM by alexn

Automatic Response Creation problem

Schnuecks

Hello,

i try to define automatic responses for our company.

I need to create alerts for different locations.

But in the filter i can only select only one group, but i need the same alert for different locations.

Must i create every single alert to all location separately?

For an example:

MalwareAlert

Group Own Organisation\Location1

Group Own Organisation\Location2

Group Own Organisation\Location3

Send to

Location4

• 1. Re: Automatic Response Creation problem
          alexn

When creating a new automatic response rule for the first time:

1 Understand Automatic Responses and how it works with the System Tree and your network.

2 Plan your implementation. Which users need to know about which events?

3 Prepare the components and permissions used with Automatic Responses, including:

• Automatic Responses permissions — Create or edit permission sets and ensure that they are

assigned to the appropriate McAfee ePO users.

• Email server — Configure the email (SMTP) server at Server Settings.

• Email contacts list — Specify the list from which you select recipients of notification messages at

Contacts.

• Registered executables — Specify a list of registered executables to run when the conditions of

a rule are met.

• Rogue System Detection permission — Create or edit permission sets and ensure that they are

assigned to the appropriate McAfee ePO users.

• Server tasks — Create server tasks for use as actions to be carried out as a result of a response

rule.

• SNMP servers — Specify a list of SNMP servers to use while creating rules. You can configure

rules to send SNMP traps to SNMP servers when the conditions are met to initiate a notification

Please attach a screenShort , how are you adding location etc?

Message was edited by: alexn on 2/11/13 12:33:27 PM CST