2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2013 2:58 AM by Rakesh Vyas

McAfee Solidifier prevented an attempt to modify file.....

Hello,

I am getting the following errors in my application log and I am not sure how to fix it. I know you can't (shouldn't) make explorer.exe an updater, so I am not sure of my next step.

This is on a Windows 2003 Std SP2 server and SolidCore is version 5.1.0-6824.

The app guy was trying to update these files. He was on the server desktop and was copying a file of the same name (but the contents were modified) and trying to Paste it over the server copy. He got the error below. Out of frustration, he tried it several more time, and to my surprise (and his), it let him paste it. He did this with both files below.

The two files are solidified.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: McAfee Solidifier

Event Category: None

Event ID: 20

Date:  2/10/2013

Time:  9:20:53 PM

User:  N/A

Computer: Servername

Description:

McAfee Solidifier prevented an attempt to modify file 'F:\tomcat7.0.27\lib\com\macom\businessobjects\salesorder.class' by process C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe (Process Id: 3720, User: DomainName\Username).

Event Type: Error

Event Source: McAfee Solidifier

Event Category: None

Event ID: 20

Date:  2/10/2013

Time:  9:19:39 PM

User:  N/A

Computer: Servername

Description:

McAfee Solidifier prevented an attempt to modify file 'F:\tomcat7.0.27\lib\macomr3generated_4.7v1.jar' by process C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe (Process Id: 3720, User: DomainName\Username).

So first, what type of rule do I need, (updater, binary, trusted something) to make it so I can copy and paste? Or is that something where I would need to do this using a batch file that is an updater, or put it in update mode each time because this is not allowed from the desktop?

Second, why would he retry it several time and then have it just work ok? This seems like it could be a problem with the SolidCore application.

Thanks for the help.

Jim