Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1043 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 31, 2013 4:58 AM by kfantonio RSS
morriel73 Newcomer 2 posts since
Jul 19, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 8, 2013 1:24 PM

nails user failed logins

I am having an issue with McAfee VSE for Linux (1.7.1.28698) installed on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.  The software has been installed with no errors. All services are running properly and I can access the Web Page to make configuration changes.  The issue I am having is once I login to the Web Page, I then see to failed logins for the nails user.  Here are the exact symptoms:

System has been rebooted.

- I login to the McAfee VSE webpage

- Access is granted; 2 failed logins are recored for the NAILS user.

- I can make any change required or switch to differenet configuration pages; no additional failed logins are recored.

- Log off and close web browser; 1 additional failed login is recored for a total of 3

- Each subsequent login wil recored a failed login unitl eventually the account is locked out by surpassing the failed login attempts.

The nails account is created with no login shell (/sbin/nologin). As a result the LastLog shows nails as having never logged in.

The apache error log located at /var/opt/NAI/LinuxShield/log/apache/error_log shows no errors related to apache mpm_event:notice only.

The audit log, using the aureport -au command show the nails account log success

Using aureport --failed shows 10 failed authentication attempts and 3 failed logins. However, there are 4 failed login attempts for nails.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points