Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
898 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 12:35 PM by tlange RSS
renzz Newcomer 2 posts since
Aug 4, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 6, 2013 10:09 AM

MSME 7.6 - Web Interface not available for install

Environment: Exchange 2010 SP2 Edge 

When I install MSME 7.6 on and Edge server, if I select Custom, I do not see the option to install the Web Interface, so I end up with only the GUI manager on the server. Likewise, choosing Complete does not install the Web Interface.

I can only think that the Web Interface is not allowed on an Edge server for security reason, but I can't see this documented anywhere.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thanks

• tlange McAfee SME 344 posts since
    Nov 4, 2009
    1. Feb 6, 2013 1:59 PM (in response to renzz)
    Re: MSME 7.6 - Web Interface not available for install

to get the option to install the webui the exchange server would need the following web server components installed.  

Web-Server,Web-Basic-Auth,Web-Windows-Auth,Web-Metabase,Web-Net-Ext,Web-Lgcy-Mgm t-Console,WAS-Process-Model,RSAT-Web-Server,Web-ISAPI-Ext,Web-Digest-Auth,Web-Dy n-Compression,NET-HTTP-Activation,Web-Asp-Net,Web-Client-Auth,Web-Dir-Browsing,W eb-Http-Errors,Web-Http-Logging,Web-Http-Redirect,Web-Http-Tracing,Web-ISAPI-Fil ter,Web-Request-Monitor,Web-Static-Content,Web-WMI

on an edge server the web components are not installed so you wouldn't get the option to add the webui.

• tlange McAfee SME 344 posts since
    Nov 4, 2009
    3. Feb 7, 2013 12:35 PM (in response to renzz)
    Re: MSME 7.6 - Web Interface not available for install

Unfortunately it isn't specifically documented but it will be shortly.  we have a kb article for gse 7.x (KB69026) but it doesn't give the necessary detail that you are looking for.  i'll get a kb created that provides this info.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points