5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2013 11:13 AM by Peter M

McAfee keeps finding Exploit-CVE2012-5076 and Exploit-CVE2012-1723

Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

My McAfee virus scan keeps repeatedly and randomly detecting these two Java exploits.  It has almost never found anything in the past, so to have these coming up on a regular basis is pretty alarming.  My copy of Java is the latest and I have deleted all older versions. 

Sometimes it can go for a day or two without finding them, sometimes one comes back after rebooting the computer.  I've researched removing them, but I can't find any evidence of them myself.  I never find any unusual processes running in Task Manager, and I can't find any unsual keys in the registry locations that the various help sites tell me to check.

Unfortunately I did pick up one of the Moneypak ransomware scams about a month ago, and I'm worried it might have created a vulnerability in my system.  I removed it via System Restore, checked for unusual processes and registry keys, and ran scans with both McAfee and Malwarebytes.  Everything looked clean, so I figured it was okay.

My computer is not acting strange, and being unable to find anything beyond what McAfee says makes me wonder if they are false positives, but I don't want to chance it.  Is there anything else I should check?

Thanks!