Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1053 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 10:02 AM by Troja RSS
Troja Champion 257 posts since
Aug 26, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 5, 2013 5:50 AM

Reverse Proxy: MWG vs. Mykonos (Juniper)

Hi everyone,

has anyone some infos how this two products can be compared?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zyxvyGgHULg

Take a look at the video, sounds very interesting.

Question: Can this features be realized with MWG? :-)

Cheers,

Thorsten

• sroering McAfee SME 459 posts since
    Feb 10, 2011
    1. Feb 5, 2013 6:00 AM (in response to Troja)
    Re: Reverse Proxy: MWG vs. Mykonos (Juniper)

The Mykonos product looks really interesting but is a very different product than MWG.  MWG is traditionally a web proxy that protects your corporate users from visiting malicious sites, doing edge AV scanning, and content filtering, etc.  Mykonos protects your company websites from external hackers.

• asabban McAfee SME 1,361 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    3. Feb 6, 2013 2:17 AM (in response to Troja)
    Re: Reverse Proxy: MWG vs. Mykonos (Juniper)

Hello,

we had the discussion about "WAF" features a while ago on a customer meeting in Paderborn. I believe this is pretty interesting in general. I am not sure if there are any plans to move into this direction, but so far certainly you can apply all the features which work for forward proxy environments as well. Usually MWG is deployed as a reverse proxy to apply malware protection which we can do pretty good.

You also named some examples on what is possible. Another nice option is to take the client IP address and run it against GTI. If the IP is known to be a bad guy (bad reputation) you can deny access to your protected website or (what I prefer) apply a very strict policy.

Additionally MWG can add authentication to your web site and/or encrypt/decrypt the communication  between client and web server.

Everything that can be built within regular expressions is possible, such as protection against SQL injections, etc. Currently we do not provide such lists due to lack of interest and lack of research capacities, at least within my group.

To find out which products  can compete with Mykonos I recommend to talk to our sales departments - I believe most of the McAfee people here are MWG focussed :-)

Best,

Andre

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points