Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
2751 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 2:30 AM by dnf RSS 1 2 Previous Next
czql5v Apprentice 110 posts since
Aug 1, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 4, 2013 11:07 PM

Super Agents

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with one of my Super Agents in that it does not appear when i browse Menu --> Software --> Distributed Repositories. All other SA appear correctly. This is causing problems because I am not able to select ths superagent when I setup polices.

The question I have is when should they appear in Distributed Repositories, so that we can select them as SA's when applying policies.

Any information would be helpful

Regards.

• Nielsb Apprentice 58 posts since
    Dec 22, 2010
    1. Feb 5, 2013 1:38 AM (in response to czql5v)
    Re: Super Agents

You have to configure a policy in the system tree-->  assigned policies --> McAfee Agent --> General --> fist tab General --> and select

• HerbSmith Apprentice 92 posts since
    Dec 9, 2009
    3. Feb 5, 2013 5:03 PM (in response to czql5v)

I have found that a full ASCI needs to take place before things show up.

• dnf Apprentice 99 posts since
    Jun 22, 2012
    5. Feb 8, 2013 2:26 AM (in response to czql5v)

I´m having the same problem... The path for the repository has been created but the computer doesn´t appear in the superagent repository list. More than 24 hours waiting now and nothing. Send wake-up agent, full props, etc, but nothing.

• Nielsb Apprentice 58 posts since
    Dec 22, 2010
    6. Feb 8, 2013 5:40 AM (in response to dnf)

Start a server task "repository servers replication"  and the repository list

• alexn Veteran 722 posts since
    Aug 9, 2012
    7. Feb 8, 2013 8:41 AM (in response to Nielsb)

I am just replying HerbSmith Question here.

Herb,

ASCI or Agent to server communication Interval, Default time is 60m and can be cahnged from ePo, This communication takes place over SPIPe protocol withen HTTP over port 443.

Post Timings: 6.00 AM to 3.00PM PDT
  • dnf Apprentice 99 posts since
    Jun 22, 2012
    8. Feb 11, 2013 4:46 AM (in response to alexn)

Hi Nielsb, but If the "new" repository does not appear in the repository list ( even the SA path has been created on the client ) how can I replicate the content to it?

• JoeBidgood McAfee SME 2,860 posts since
    Sep 11, 2009
    9. Feb 13, 2013 2:12 PM (in response to dnf)

Can you check the agent log on the affected machine - is it able to communicate with ePO?

When enabling an SA repository, it's a closed-loop process - the policy has to be received and applied by the client machine, and the client then has to report back to epo (as part of its properties) that it is now a superagent and is ready to be a repository. It sounds like the second step is failing, meaning ePO never thinks that the machine is an SA.

HTH -

Joe

(Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points