Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1561 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2013 3:18 AM by korax RSS
alexn Veteran 722 posts since
Aug 9, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 4, 2013 12:28 PM

Scan64.exe faild to start error code 0x00000009a something on windows 8 x64 enterprise VSE 8.8 P3.

Hi,

OS windows 8 Enterprise 64 bit

VSE 8.8 Patch 3

"When i run Ondemand scan or full scan it doesnt start and throw above error, smane in event log, But when I disabled Access Protection and run Ondemand or Full scan, it starts and gives this error message in event log :**\Mcshield.exe contains signed but untrusted code and previlleged to do operations on mcafee driver" original message could be different.i have applied all Kbz, but still no luck. any idea.

Post Timings: 6.00 AM to 3.00PM PDT
  • wwarren McAfee SME 774 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009

The product does self-validation, and logs events to tell you when something is wrong. The event log message you saw is telling you there is a 3rd party product (or malware) installed that has injected code into our processes.

This is potentially disastrous for you, if it's malware.

If it's a 3rd party app, then there is information in the knowledgebase on how to go about trusting this software to interact with ours.

For the first issue you describe, the error code is a standard windows error code.

hex:9a = Dec:154

NET HELPMSG 154

> The volume label you entered exceeds the label character limit of the target file system.

So... what exactly did you name your disk volumes?

The error code could be erroneous, but we should assume it's correct to begin with.

• korax Newcomer 27 posts since
    Jan 2, 2007

How did you find that hidden application?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points